MAY 30, 2014
Assistant Organizer, Teaching Support Staff Union
Ten Month term-certain position.
The Teaching Support Staff Union seeks an Assistant Organizer to assist with member and community outreach within Simon Fraser University. The successful applicant will:
- Be well versed in trade union principles and structures, able to communicate the benefits of unions and collective representation
- Have detailed knowledge of SFU and its campuses, departments, etc.
- Be familiar with an academic work setting
- Have experience which demonstrates that they are a self-starter, able to initiate, plan, collaborate and execute projects to completion
- Have successful experience in all aspects of member and community mobilization, most importantly strong interpersonal communication skills
- Demonstrate strong organizational skills, with a history of meticulous attention to detail
35 hours per week, 29.19 per hour. Ten month term is inclusive of 2.5 weeks paid vacation. This is a Union (UNIFOR) position.
Applications must be received no later than 5:00 p.m. on June 9, 2014, and include a C.V. along with names of references. Applications should be sent via email tssu(at)tssu.ca. Applicants are responsible to ensure that their applications were received. The hiring decision will be made before the end of June and interviews will be scheduled accordingly.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. TSSU applies principles for Affirmative Action in hiring processes.