Assistant Organizer, Teaching Support Staff Union
Nine month temporary position
Interested applicants should submit a resume and cover letter through the Google Form available here.
The Teaching Support Staff Union is hiring an Assistant Organizer to assist with member and community outreach within Simon Fraser University. The successful applicant will:
- Be well versed in trade union principles and structures, and able to communicate the benefits of unions and collective representation
- Be familiar with an academic work setting
- Be able to navigate and work on all three of SFU’s campuses
- Have experience which demonstrates that they are a self-starter, able to initiate, plan, collaborate, and execute projects to completion
- Have successful experience in all aspects of member and community mobilization, strong interpersonal communication skills, and an ability to lead and train a group of volunteers
- Demonstrate strong organizational skills, and a history of meticulous attention to detail
35 hours per week, $31.54 per hour. Some benefits and additional pay in lieu of benefits. 2.5 weeks of paid vacation & university closure is paid in addition to the 9 month term. This is a Union (BCUWU) position. Interviews will be held during March 14-15 and 18-20, 2019.