TSSU’s November General Membership Meeting is on Wednesday 22nd October, 4.30-6.30, in Harbour Centre room 2245. Dinner is provided, and all members are welcome to attend. General meetings are the principal decision-making body of the union, where all members are able to speak, vote, and set the agenda. They also provide a great opportunity to find out what the union is doing, what issues are affecting different departments and the university as a whole, and to meet new people. We run three GMs each semester, taking place on Burnaby, Surrey, and Vancouver campuses. See our calendar for more information on this and our other committee meetings.
Current proposed agenda items for the meeting include:
- Ratification of election results for TSSU Executive positions – see here for details of the Executive committee.
- Update of current TSSU grievances.
- Members can nominate themselves as TSSU representatives to the Vancouver District Labour Council (VDLC), and/or SFU’s Graduate Student Society (GSS).
- Discussion of a potential TSSU position and response to the GSS referendum on the graduate student membership fee – see the bottom of this page for background.
- Voting on a proposed additional TSSU Chief Steward position.
- Overview of stipended TSSU committees, with the opportunity for members to join any committee they are interested in.
- TSSU audit report update.
Following the General Membership Meeting, we have our bowling social upstairs at Grandview Lanes, 7.30-9.30, 2195 Commercial Drive. Everyone who RSVP’d has a guaranteed place, and we have also booked an additional fifth glow-in-the-dark lane upstairs, so we have limited extra room for a few more people.